Find out the best carrier oils for alopecia and how to treat this condition naturally using Nature’s ingredients!
What is Alopecia?
Alopecia is an auto-immune disease. This means the immune system turns against the body and attacks it mistakenly. In alopecia, the body attacks the hair follicles on the scalp. Hair follicles become inflamed and stop producing hairs, which leads to hair loss. There are various forms of alopecia but the two most common ones are alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia.
Alopecia areata is also known as spot baldness and can cause hair loss in a short period of time, leaving bald spots. Androgenetic alopecia is also known as male pattern baldness but it’s common in both men and women. Hair is lost in a well-defined pattern beginning at the sides of the forehead. With time, the hair recedes from the forehead, causing an M-shape. Androgenetic alopecia is the most common form of hair loss in men and one of the most common in women.
5 Best Carrier Oils for Alopecia
Below are the 5 best carrier oils for alopecia. You can use them on your scalp as hot oil treatments, scalp massages, hair oils and hair masks to encourage hair growth. The next section talks about how to use these carrier oils in the best way to treat alopecia.
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
- Jamaican black castor oil (where to get it)
- Castor oil (where to get it)
- Coconut oil (where to get it)
- Jojoba oil (where to get it)
- Grapeseed oil (where to get it)
How to Use Carrier Oils for Alopecia
The best way to use carrier oils for alopecia is by combining them with essential oils good for alopecia and hair growth. This makes sense because carrier oils are called so because they “carry” or transport essential oils onto the skin. Never use essential oils undiluted. They must be mixed up in a carrier oil or other base ingredient such as shampoo before application.
By combining carrier oil and essential oils together, you can create a master hair oil blend. Use this hair oil blend in hot oil treatments, scalp massages, hair masks, overnight treatments and other ways to boost hair growth and treat alopecia.
Also Read: Top 7 Essential Oils for Alopecia Areata
DIY Hair Growth Blend for Alopecia
What you need
- ¼ cup Jamaican Black castor oil (where to get it)
- ¼ cup jojoba oil (where to get it)
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops thyme essential oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil (where to get it)
- Small funnel (where to get it)
- 8 oz amber glass bottle (where to get it)
- Carefully measure out ¼ cup of Jamaican black castor oil, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil and pour them into your amber bottle, with the help of a small funnel.
- Next drip 10 drops each of rosemary, lavender, thyme and cedarwood essential oils into your bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake well to combine everything.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- To use, pour 1 tbsp into a bowl, warm it up then apply on your scalp. Wait for it to penetrate for 30-60 minutes then wash your hair as usual. Use a natural sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.