Feeling down? Make your own DIY essential oil blend for depression to uplift your spirits and improve your mood!
Top Essential Oils for Depression
Citrus oils generally have uplifting scents that can cheer you up! Take a whiff of orange essential oil and see what I mean! The non-citrus oils good for depression such as patchouli, vetiver and lavender calm the mind, quell anxiety, helps release negative emotions, reduce aggression and more. Check out the list below containing some of the best essential oils for depression:
- Sweet orange essential oil (where to get it)
- Lemon essential oil (where to get it)
- Bergamot essential oil (where to get it)
- Ylang ylang essential oil (where to get it)
- Peppermint essential oil (where to get it)
- Vetiver essential oil (where to get it)
- Patchouli essential oil (where to get it)
- Lavender essential oil (where to get it)
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Depression
This is a potent DIY essential oil blend for depression that you can make and keep handy. You can use it in your diffuser blend, bath blend, roller bottle blend, room spray and more. Just remember to dilute it before use. Use a 2% essential oil dilution rate, which means 2 drops of essential oil blend in 1 tsp of carrier oil of choice. Read more: How to Dilute Essential Oils
Okay, onto the master blend:
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
What you need
- 20 drops lemon essential oil (where to get it)
- 20 drops ylang ylang essential oil (where to get it)
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil (where to get it)
- 20 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops patchouli essential oil (where to get it)
- Small ceramic bowl
- 1 oz amber dropper bottle (where to get it)
- Into your ceramic bowl, carefully add 20 drops each of lemon, ylang ylang, peppermint, lavender, sweet orange and patchouli essential oils. Stir well with a disposable chopstick.
- Using the dropper of your amber bottle, collect and transfer the oils into your bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake well to combine everything.
- Your DIY essential oil blend for depression is ready! Below are ways you can use this blend:
How to Use the Above DIY Essential Oil Blend for Depression
- Cheerful Diffuser Blend: You can add 6-8 drops to your cold-air diffuser and let it run for 15 minutes daily. During this time, you can meditate or think nothing while you let the beautiful aroma penetrate into your system and create good feelings.
- Uplifting Bath Blend: Baths are awesome ways to relax your soul and improve your mood by miles! Mix 10-15 drops of the DIY depression blend in 1 cup Epsom salts. Add this to a freshly drawn warm bath. Let it disperse. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Happy Room Spray: Make a room spray to mist around the room every time you feel the blues! To make this Happy Room Spray, simply pour ½ cup of distilled water into a 4 oz amber glass spray bottle. Now 20 drops of the above DIY blend, close the bottle and shake well. Spray around the room when needed.
- Mood Boosting Roller Bottle Blend: A roller bottle blend is fantastic because you can store the roller bottle anywhere with easy access. Like your purse, pocket, locker, drawer, etc. Just add 25 drops of the above essential oil blend into your roller bottle then top up with fractionated coconut oil. Roll onto your wrists, collar bones, shoulders, hair ends and anywhere else to boost your mood wherever you are.