Soothe an irritated stomach using this DIY essential oil blend for food poisoning!
I’m sure food poisoning has ever happened to many of us! It is caused by eating contaminated food, food that hasn’t been properly cooked and certain types of mushrooms.
The symptoms of food poisoning can be absolutely unbearable to deal with! The most prominent symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and fever. In many cases, the vomiting doesn’t stop even after all of the infected food has been thrown up. This is because microbes can pass through the stomach into the intestines through the cells lining the intestinal walls and begin to multiply.
If you have a severe case of food poisoning, please visit the doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. You can also use essential oils in conjunction with conventional treatment to speed up healing and find relief.
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
Using Essential Oils for Food Poisoning
Essential oils can greatly reduce/relieve the symptoms of food poisoning. They help curb nausea, reduce fever, soothe abdominal pain, destroy bacteria and microbes, reduce inflammation and also support the digestive system. Here are the top essential oils for food poisoning:
If you want to know how they work and ways to use these essential oils for food poisoning, please go to our article: 7 Essential Oils for Food Poisoning & How to Use
Below, we’re going to share an effective essential oil blend for food poisoning:
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Food Poisoning
Note: This topical blend is not for internal use.
What you need:
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- 3 drops thyme essential oil
- 2 drops basil essential oil
- 2 drops coriander oil
- 2 drops rosemary oil
- 2 drops ginger oil
- 1 drop oregano oil
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Small funnel
- 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Get a 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle or any amber glass storage container.
- Now drip in all the essential oils carefully.
- Screw on the cap tightly and shake well to combine everything.
- And your DIY Essential Oil Blend for Food Poisoning is ready!
- To use, place a few drops (about 4 drops) on your palm then gently rub it over your stomach for 2 minutes.
Do you have any experience using essential oil remedies for food poisoning? Please share below!