Want to know some good and safe essential oils for cleaning wood furniture? Check them out in this post!
Wood furniture is a luxurious investment for many people. But it’s a bit different to maintain compared to metal, plastic or concrete furniture. If you don’t use proper cleaning tips, you risk scratching up or spoiling the wood surface!
You can keep your wood furniture looking pristine using some good & simple cleaning tips. Some of them include:
- Lightly dust the furniture every day with a microfiber cloth. Don’t use a regular washcloth – a microfiber cloth will best take care of your furniture.
- Do not clean it with water.
- Do not spray water on the wood when cleaning, rather, use a damp microfiber washcloth to clean
- Polish it with a carrier oil like olive oil or the DIY Wood Polish Spray below to make it look shiny and new
Cleaning Wood Furniture with Essential Oils
Why would you use essential oils for cleaning wood furniture? Most do it for the scent appeal. Essential oils make your furniture and home smell nice!
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
If your wood furniture is looking dull and lifeless, you can use essential oils to help add a bit of sheen to it, giving it a brand new beautiful look.
Let’s check out the top 5 essential oils for cleaning wood furniture below:
5 Essential Oils for Cleaning Wood Furniture
1. Lemon Oil
2. Sweet Orange or Wild Orange Oil
3. Cedarwood Oil
4. Pine Oil
5. Lavender Oil
How to Use Essential Oils for Cleaning Wood Furniture
One of the best ways to use essential oils for cleaning wood furniture is this DIY Wood Polishing Spray. It’s super easy to concoct! You won’t believe how just 3 common ingredients can do some serious revamping on your wood furniture and make it look beautiful!
DIY Wood Polishing Spray
What you need
- ¼ cup olive oil or any other carrier oil you have on hand
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 10 drops any of the above oils (I like wild orange)
- Spray bottle
- Using a funnel, transfer ¼ cup olive oil and ¼ cup white vinegar to a spray bottle.
- Screw on the cap and shake the bottle well to distribute the essential oils evenly.
- It’s ready! To use, spray onto a microfiber cloth then wipe down your wood furniture!
- You don’t need to use this wood polishing spray often. Use once every 2-3 months!
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets.
- If you’re new to essential oils, please first read Caution & Safety when Using Essential Oils