Relax and de-stress your mind, body and soul using this effective DIY Essential Oil Blend for Stress.
Being stressed is not a nice feeling. Stress can cause headaches, depression, emotional eating, strained relationships and even lower the immune system, leading to health problems!
If you’re stressed out, take some time during the week to simply relax, do meditation, surround yourself in nature or do something you love.
Don’t have ANY spare time? That’s okay, you can still de-stress using essential oils! Simply diffuse 6 drops of the essential oil blend for stress below for 15-60 minutes before bed to relax your mind.
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
This blend can also be used in a soothing bath, foot soak, massage oil and so on. It’s very potent so make sure to dilute it well before use! I’ve mentioned some effective ways to use it at the last section of this article.
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Stress
What you need:
- 1 tsp lemongrass essential oil
- 1 tsp peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp lavender essential oil
- Small glass bowl
- 15 ml empty essential oil bottle or 1 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- You’re going to need an empty essential oil bottle (10ml). You can recycle any of your essential oil bottles or purchase a 1 oz amber glass dropper bottle and use it.
- In a small glass bowl, add 1 tsp each of lemongrass, peppermint and lavender essential oils.
- Mix them up with a toothpick.
- Now using a syringe, transfer it into your empty essential oil bottle or 1 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Keep this DIY Essential Oil Blend for Stress handy. Dilute it before use.
Here are the following ways to use this blend:
How to Use the Above DIY Essential Oil Blend for Stress
There are several ways to use essential oils for stress! Some of them include:
- Diffusing – Place 6 drops of the above blend in a high quality diffuser. Diffuse for up to an hour 3 times a day.
- In a soothing bath – Mix 15-20 drops of the above blend in 2 cups of Epsom salts. Pour this into a warm bath and stir it with your hand. Soak for as long as you want.
- Massage blend – In ½ cup of sweet almond oil, mix 25 drops of the above blend. Store in a cool dry place. Use as a relaxing massage blend.
- Roller bottle blend – Add 15 drops of the above blend to a 10 ml roller bottle then top off with a carrier oil like olive oil. Roll onto your shoulders, nape of neck, temples and forehead.
- Foot soak – Fill a tub with a gallon of very warm water. Mix 10 drops of the above blend with ½ cup of Epsom salts, add it to the tub and let it dissolve. Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes.
- Aroma therapy inhaler – Add 3-6 drops of the above essential oil blend for stress to the wick of the aroma therapy inhaler. Replace the wick and screw on the cap. Inhale deeply when needed.
What is your favorite ways of using essential oils for stress?