Fancy nice smelling laundry freshened with natural scents? Try these DIY essential oil dryer sheets! You’ll never go back!
Avoid those headache-inducing smells from store-bought heavily perfumed dryer sheets. Those ones contain artificial fragrances and cause skin irritations, allergies and breathing problems. Instead, make your own DIY essential oil dryer sheets with just a few ingredients at home!
Most people use dryer sheets for the pleasant scents they leave on laundry. So let’s check out some nice essential oil combinations for laundry:
Essential Oil Scent Combinations for Dryer Sheets
- Fresh: Lavender + Peppermint + Lemon
- Long Lasting Floral: Ylang Ylang
- Feminine & Baby: Rose + Lavender
- Citrus Burst: Sweet Orange + Lemon + Grapefruit
- Masculine: Bergamot
How to Make a DIY Essential Oil Dryer Sheets
What you need
- Old washcloths or square pieces of fabric
- 25-30 drops any of the above essential oil combinations or your own
- 1 cup white vinegar (where to get it)
- Pyrex measuring cup (where to get it)
- Mason jar or any clean container for storage (where to get it)
- Mix up 1 cup of white vinegar and the essential oils in a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Dip the washcloths or pieces of fabric in the mixture, squeeze out the excess liquid. It shouldn’t be dripping wet but just damp. Your DIY Essential Oil Dryer Sheet is ready! Place the dryer sheet in a mason jar. Repeat for all the washcloths or pieces of fabric you’ve got.
- Store the excess white vinegar + essential oil solution in another container for future use.
- To use, add one dryer sheet to each load of laundry. As your clothes dry, the vinegar smell will disappear completely, leaving you with a beautiful scent of essential oils!