Eye creams are among the simplest beauty products to make at home. Find out how to make DIY essential oil eye cream in this post!
The first place wrinkles always form is around the eyes. And that’s a major reason to start using eye cream NOW. The DIY essential oil eye cream we shall be making below has the following benefits:
- Smooths out wrinkles
- Prevents premature aging
- Tones & tightens up skin
- Moisturizes skin
- Promotes blood circulation
- Gets rid of under eye bags
- Reduces dark circles
- Makes skin supple and smooth
Let’s look at the best safe essential oils to use for your DIY eye cream:
The Best Safe Essential Oils for Eye Cream
The skin around your eyes is very sensitive. That’s why you can’t just use any essential oil on it. Look for oils that are calming for sensitive skin and can be used neat without any problems. I suggest the following oils. The oils below definitely have anti-aging properties!
- Lavender oil (where to get it)
- Frankincense oil (where to get it)
- Chamomile oil (where to get it)
- Geranium oil (where to get it)
- Rose oil (where to get it)
- Sandalwood oil (where to get it)
How to Make a DIY Essential Oil Eye Cream
What you need
- 2 tbsp shea butter (where to get it)
- 1 tsp raw honey (where to get it)
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil (where to get it)
- 2 drops geranium essential oil
- 2 drops lavender oil (where to get it)
- Small storage container (where to get it)
- Magic bullet blender (where to get it)
- Into your small Magic Bullet blender, add the shea butter and raw honey. Blend till creamy.
- Scoop out the cream and place it in your storage container.
- Carefully add 2 drops each of frankincense, geranium and lavender oils. You can also use any of the safe essential oils mentioned in the post.
- Now mix everything thoroughly with a disposable chopstick and voila!
- Your DIY essential oil eye cream is ready! Store in a cool dry place and use clean dry ring finger to apply under each eye before bed.