Learn how to make your own essential oil hair growth spray to invigorate the hair follicles, help regrow thinning hair and prevent hair loss!
You can make your own potent hair growth formula with the use of chemicals and synthetic stuff. How? With the aid of essential oils, of course! Essential oils are highly concentrated and pure liquid plant extracts that have healing therapeutic properties. Some of these properties help induce hair growth, stimulate blood flow to the scalp, protect the hair follicles from damage, germs and free radicals and also nourish the follicles.
Which Essential Oils Assist in Hair Growth?
There are thousands of essential oils out there but what essential oils are good for hair growth in particular? Check out the list below:
» Rosemary – With its strong fresh herbal scent, rosemary oil is extracted from the leaves of the herb rosemary. Rosemary oil has powerful hair growth boosting properties. It has a stimulant effect which rushes blood to each and every hair follicle, including the ones stuck in the ‘dormant’ phase, unable to function any more. The stimulation awakens those follicles and fosters growth of new hairs while strengthening existing ones.
» Lavender – A floral oil with a pleasant scent, lavender is most versatile when it comes to essential oils. It is known to be a powerful hair growth aid that assists in fighting hair loss, balding, thinning edges and alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease whether the immune system mistakenly attacks the hair follicles, causing hair loss.
» Cedarwood – Cedarwood is calming and good for relaxation, however, research shows that it is also an effective natural treatment for hair loss issues. It helps restore lost hair, strengthen hair follicles and promote growth of strong thick and luscious hair.
» Thyme – A warming oil, thyme also stimulates the hair follicles and aids in hair growth. It also protects the scalp from bacteria, microbes and fungi that cause dandruff and scalp fungal infections.
» Peppermint – When applied on the scalp, peppermint oil gives a pleasant tingling sensation that is said to invigorate the hair follicles and awaken even the sleeping ones which leads to hair growth. Peppermint also refreshes the scalp, fights oily scalp, removes dandruff and relieves itchy scalp issues.
» Sweet Basil – Another herbal oil like rosemary, sweet basil is cooling and helps heal the scalp of inflammation, nourish the hair follicles and help then produce strong long and thick hairs.
Essential Oil Hair Growth Spray Recipe
What you need
- ½ cup distilled water (where to get it)
- 1 tbsp witch hazel (where to get it)
- 7 drops rosemary oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops lavender oil (where to get it)
- 3 drops thyme oil (where to get it)
- 3 drops cedarwood oil (where to get it)
- 4 oz amber glass spray bottle (where to get it)
- Mix up the essential oils in the witch hazel until well combined.
- Now pour the distilled water into the spray bottle using a funnel.
- Add the essential oil witch hazel mixture to the spray bottle.
- Shake well to combine and your essential oil hair growth spray is ready!
- Store in a cool, dark and dry place.
- To use, spray onto your scalp as needed to boost hair growth.
Try this essential oil hair growth spray and come and share your results!