Peeling lips are not attractive, everyone agrees on that. If your lips feel like they need some exfoliation, use this DIY essential oil lip scrub!
Making your own lip scrub is incredibly easy. All you need to do is gather a few ingredients sitting in your kitchen right now and make a mix!
In this post, you’ll see how you can make a lip scrub using essential oils. Why add essential oils? Well, they have stimulating properties that increase blood circulation to your lips. This promotes healthy lips, not to mention make them naturally red! They also have healing properties so if your lips are dry and painful, essential oils can help soothe them naturally.
The essential oils we’ll be using are peppermint and lavender oils. Peppermint has stimulating properties and will give your lips a nice tingling sensation that’ll turn them red and plump. Lavender is soothing and helps treat dry and painful lips.
The other two ingredients we shall be using in this recipe are brown sugar and raw honey. Brown sugar is a gentle exfoliant, which helps remove dead cells. It won’t be too abrasive like white sugar so it’s perfect as a lip scrub ingredient. Raw honey is moisturizing and soothing. It also has nourishing properties for healthy lips!
Okay, let’s get onto the DIY essential oil lip scrub recipe!
DIY Essential Oil Lip Scrub
What you need
- ½ tsp brown sugar (where to get it)
- ½ tsp raw honey (where to get it)
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (where to get it)
- 1 drop lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- Small bowl & spoon
- Add the brown sugar into the small bowl.
- Next add the raw honey and essential oils.
Mix everything up with a spoon to form a slightly gritty paste.
- Now wet your lips at the sink then scoop up the scrub using clean fingers and gently rub it on your lips for a minute.
- Leave it on for about 15 seconds then rinse off with warm water.
- One secret I use for exfoliating my lips is a soft bristled toothbrush (it can be your usual toothbrush) to gently brush my lips. It helps remove dead skin and leaves lips looking soft and plump. If the toothbrush is too harsh for you, a soft washcloth always works wonders as well!
- Remember to drink enough water to keep your lips hydrated!
You can use this DIY essential oil lip scrub once to thrice a week, depending on your preference. Don’t use it too often though! Exfoliating too much can make your lips bleed!