Ever heard of making DIY essential oil shower melts? They are so amazing! They’ll turn your groggy mornings around in no time!
Shower melts are simply cubes/disks that you toss on the shower floor near the drain. As the steam and pressure of the shower water hits the shower melt, it melts. And as it’s melting, it releases all its refreshing scents that will awaken your senses and get you ready for the day!
Essential oil shower melts don’t just wake you up in the morning – they also have other benefits including:
- Open up clogged sinuses
- Help you breathe easier
- Cool the body
- Rejuvenate skin
- Uplift dull moods
- Clear a messy mind
- Boost memory
- Refresh your system
- And more!
Below is a thorough recipe to guide you on how to make DIY essential oil shower melts right at home:
DIY Essential Oil Shower Melts Recipe
What you need
- 1 cup corn starch
- ½ cup baking soda
- 10 drops peppermint oil
- 10 drops lemon oil
- Large bowl & whisk
- Silicone cube tray
- Spray bottle with water
- In a large bowl, dump in and whisk the corn starch, baking soda, lemon oil and peppermint oil.
- Get the spray bottle and start spritzing water into the bowl. While spritzing, use your hand to mix and gather the powder into little molds that form a shape. Make sure not to add a lot of water: just enough to get the ingredients to form a shape without falling apart.
- Now stuff the little molds you’ve gathered into a silicone cube tray and leave it to set for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- Once set, carefully remove from the silicone tray and store in a large mason jar.
- To use, toss one on the shower floor near the drain. The heat and pressure of the shower will melt the shower melt, releasing the refreshing scent of peppermint and lemon into the air.
Other Essential Oils to Use for Shower Melts
- Sweet orange – beat depression
- Grapefruit – for energy
- Lavender – promoting peace and calm
- Rosemary – boosting memory
- Vetiver – refreshing the mind
- Cedarwood – increasing oxygenation to the brain