If you love having baths, then you have definitely got to try out this exciting essential oil bath bomb recipe! Bath bombs make bath time really fun, relaxing and therapeutic. If you use essential oils, you’ll make it even more therapeutic with their healing scents. Essential oils such as lavender have a calming scent that is said to soothe nerves, quell anxiety, promote tranquility and induce sleep!
Meanwhile essential oils such as sweet orange and lemon have uplifting and energizing scents to help you lift your spirits after a bad day at school/work.
DIY Essential Oil Bath Bomb Recipe
Below, find an easy to follow essential oil bath bomb recipe:
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
What you need
- ½ cup baking soda (where to get it)
- ¼ cup arrow root powder (where to get it)
- ¼ cup Epsom salts (where to get it)
- ¼ cup citric acid (where to get it)
- 4 tsp coconut oil (where to get it)
- 2 tsp water
- 40 drops essential oil or essential oil blend *look below for scent ideas
- Bath bomb molds (where to get it)
- Large mixing bowl & whisk
- Place the dry ingredients (baking soda, arrow root powder, Epsom salt and citric acid) in the mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients (coconut oil, water and essential oil) slowly and stir with a whisk.
- When the mixture starts clumping up, it’s time to press it into the bath bomb molds.
- Press it firmly into each mold until filled to the brim.
- Now let the mixture set in the molds for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hardened bath bombs out.
- Store them in a clean and dry plastic container for at least 24 hours before use.
3 Essential Oil Blends for Bath Bombs
Below are three essential oil blends for bath bombs:
1. Sunshine Smiles
- 10 drops lemon (where to get it)
- 20 drops geranium (where to get it)
- 10 drops grapefruit (where to get it)
2. Flower Garden
- 15 drops palma rosa (where to get it)
- 10 drops rose (where to get it)
- 10 drops geranium (where to get it)
- 5 drops ylang ylang (where to get it)
3. Fresh Forest
- 15 drops rosemary (where to get it)
- 10 drops cedarwood (where to get it)
- 10 drops lavender (where to get it)
- 5 drops vetiver (where to get it)