Looking for an easy homemade essential oil tiger balm recipe that works like a charm? Look no further! This is the best tiger balm recipe ever and it is effective for a wide range of symptoms!
Our fast paced lives guided by technology and the need to be successful have left us with aches and pains that are often unbearable. Staring at the phone and laptop screen has also left us with perpetual headaches.
Often consuming pain killer after pain killer has done more damage than good and left us craving for a natural yet effective cure. But there is one remedy that can surely help you feel better instantly and I am sure you must have used it at least once in your life and it is our very own “Tiger Balm”. Though the original tiger balm brand is harder to find these days, we can actually make our own highly effective tiger balm at home using this amazing recipe that we have for you.
How to make your own Tiger Balm
If you remember during simpler times, we used to reach out for that familiar hexagonal container with the image of a tiger on it. Just a few swipes of Tiger balm could relive muscle soreness and headaches like a charm. The name actually came from ‘Aw Boon Haw,’ who was the son of the Chinese herbalist who originally made and sold Tiger Balm. The name meant ‘Gentle tiger’ and hence the name ‘Tiger Balm’ was coined.
A couple of swipes of the amazing balm could do wonders when it came to soothing minor headaches, pains and aches. Its creamy, smooth consistency made application easy and effective. However this wonderful product seems to have been replaced with ineffective versions. Loaded with chemicals and minimal benefits, these products remain ineffective in comparison and are just not the real deal.
But there is no need to worry as you can make your own balm using this essential oil tiger balm recipe. Yes, after months of experimenting, we have come up with the perfect essential oil tiger balm recipe that is super easy to make. The essential oils enhance the smell, have soothing properties and the combination with carrier oils reduces pain and inflammation.
This essential oil tiger balm recipe is great for soothing muscle stiffness, soreness and pain due to excess activity. Olive oil is an ingredient most kitchens have and the rest of the essential oils are easily available in convenience stores. The combinations of these ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties and are used to treat different skin conditions.
- Double boiler
- Glass jar for storage
- Olive oil: 1/4th cup
- Beeswax pellets: 1oz
- Camphor essential oil: 10 drops
- Peppermint essential oils: 9 drops
- Eucalyptus essential oil: 7 drops
- Cinnamon essential oil: 5 drops
- Clove essential oil: 5 drops
These ingredients can easily be purchased online or from your nearby stores. Or you could order them online via the links next to each item. Follow the below instructions carefully to create the essential oil tiger balm recipe:
- Begin by gently melting the olive oil along with beeswax pellets, in the double boiler.
- Once it has melted, let it sit for few minutes till it’s cool.
- Next pour the mixture into the glass jar.
- Add the mentioned amounts of cinnamon oil, camphor oil, peppermint oil, clove oil and eucalyptus oil to the mixture.
- Stir well with a disposable chopstick.
- Let it cool and harden in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Your essential oil tiger balm recipe is now ready to use!
- Store it in a dry and cool place.
- Rub a small amount of this homemade tiger balm on the affected area to get instant relief.
How to use essential oil tiger balm recipe
To use this balm, apply a coin sized amount on to the affected area before massaging it in. Massage it on to the temples to reduce the intensity of the headache as well as joint aches. It can also be used for treating sore muscles, headaches, colds and sinus as well.
There are just a few things to keep in mind while storing the homemade essential oil tiger balm:
- Keep it away from direct sunlight and store it in a cool, dry place. This will increase the longevity of the product.
- Store the essential oil tiger balm recipe in an airtight container or one with a tight lid. These can easily be purchased online or from craft stores.
- You can use this essential oil tiger balm recipe for up to 3 months. Using it more than the suggested period can cause skin reactions as no chemicals are being used to preserve the balm. Also, stop using if there is a sign of spoilage or mold.
- Make sure you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients before using it. Consult your doctor to find out if the ingredients of this balm can cause an allergic reaction to you. Though these essential oils are natural, they are potent and can cause reactions.
So next time you experience any pain, keep in mind this wonderful essential oil tiger balm recipe. It contains only natural ingredients that can instantly treat your injured, sore, tired and aching muscles. All you need to do is to put a pea size amount to cover the affected area.