There are more than 10 ways on how to use lemon essential oil for skin lightening!
Lemon Essential Oil for Skin Lightening
As we discovered earlier, lemon essential oil is the best oil for skin lightening. (See: This is the Best Essential Oil for Skin Lightening)
The three main components that make lemon essential oil remarkably good at skin lightening are:
- Citric Acid
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid
These natural components found in lemon oil help you lighten your skin tone by:
- Acting as natural skin bleaching agents
- Reducing hyperpigmentation
- Toning your skin complexion
- Removing scars and dark spots with taint your complexion
- Gently exfoliating and sloughing off dull-colored dead cells in the epidermis
- Stimulating the replacement cycle of skin cells
- Removing tans
- And more!
How to Use Lemon Essential Oil for Skin Lightening
Take a look at 10 ways you can use lemon essential oil for skin lightening:
1. Facial Steaming: Steaming is when you show your face over a large bowl of steaming hot water, usually with a large towel over your head to enclose the steam. Facial steaming helps open the pores and release the dirt and debris stuck deep within the pores. When you add lemon oil to your steaming water, the steam carries the essential oil straight to your pores and helps lighten the skin from deep within. Add just 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil to 4 cups of steaming water.
2. Face Washing: Simply add lemon essential oil to your face wash liquid for a fun, effortless way to lighten your skin! This works best with a face wash that comes in a pump bottle because you can simple unscrew the lid and add in your lemon essential oil! For an 8 oz bottle, add up to 12 drops of lemon essential oil.
3. Oil Cleansing: If you are familiar with oil cleansing, you know this is the method where oil and a hot wash cloth are used to thoroughly wash your face in a way that no soap can! Amp up your oil cleansing routine by adding lemon essential oil to your oil cleansing mix.
4. Skin Lightening Serum: You can make this skin lightening serum in no time by mixing ½ a cup of sesame oil with 20 drops of lemon essential oil. Sesame oil is, in my opinion, the best carrier oil for skin lightening, and it works so well with lemon oil!
5. Add it to Your Moisturizer: Adding lemon essential oil to your already existing beauty products is the EASIEST way to lighten your skin without much work. Add up to 10 – 15 drops of lemon essential oil per 100 ml of moisturizer to moisturize your skin while lightening it at the same time!
6. DIY Body Lotion: What about skin lightening for the rest of your body? Make your own DIY body lotion for lightening the skin on your body. I love this DIY PAPAYA LOTION. Follow the exact instructions and simply add up to 10 drops of lemon essential oil to boost its skin lightening properties!
7. Facial Mist: Rehydrate and lighten your skin multiple times throughout the day with this simple facial mist. In a spray bottle, mix ½ cup of rose water, 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel and 20 drops of lemon essential oil. Shake well to combine. This is especially refreshing in the summer, and it smells great!
8. Lightening Face Mask: Make a lemony, super-lightening face mask by whipping up 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder, 4 drops of lemon essential oil and 2 teaspoons of thick Greek yogurt. Apply this mask on your face. Let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse off. Repeat twice a week for best results.
9. Add to Baking Soda: Baking soda is a popular ingredient that you can use for scrubbing your face. It’s gentle exfoliating properties aid skin lightening by sloughing off the dull-colored dead skin layer on the top. Add 2 drops of lemon essential oil to 1 teaspoon of baking soda, mix them together then apply it onto your wet face and scrub for 20 seconds. Wash off with warm water to reveal brigher, lighter skin!
10. Facial Toner: Using a toner is an important step in skin care, yet it is often overlooked! A facial toner acts as an astringent, regulating your pores and making your skin appear smoother and firmer. Make your own toner by mixing equal quantities (1/2 cup each) of witch hazel and rose water. Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil to about 1 cup of toner and store in a sterilized amber glass bottle. To use, saturate a cotton pad with the toner and apply all over your face after washing.
Tell us your favorite way to use lemon essential oil for skin lightening