Calm your upset stomach with this effective DIY Essential Oil Blend for Diarrhea!
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is a digestive disorder which is characterized by frequent abnormal watery stools. It is mostly a symptom of another condition such as food poisoning, stomach bug or disease. There are three types of diarrhea:
- Acute diarrhea – Commonly brought about by bacterial/viral infections and food poisoning. It usually clears up quickly, within 48 hours. This type of diarrhea can be treated successfully using natural remedies and essential oils.
- Persistent diarrhea – This type of diarrhea is caused by digestive disorders like IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), celiac disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and others. It lasts from 2-14 days, depending on the level of severity. You can use essential oils to relive pain and reduce symptoms. Visit a doctor if symptoms persist more than a week.
- Chronic diarrhea – Chronic diarrhea is long lasting and can go on for more than 4 weeks. It’s brought about by digestive disorders, parasites or bacterial/viral infections. Please see a doctor for this kind of diarrhea. Essential oils can be used for digestive support and continued recovery.
Some of the causes of diarrhea include:
- Contaminated food
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Diseases like ulcerative colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, etc
- Anxiety before public speaking, exams, work interviews, etc
How Can Essential Oils Help Diarrhea?
Essential oils are highly concentrated liquid plant essences. They are obtained by crushing aromatic plant material using special methods such as steam distillation and mechanical compression. Essential oils are highly touted for their numerous therapeutic properties on the mind and body. Each essential oil is made up of a variety of chemical constituents that give it its unique therapeutic properties.
For diarrhea, essential oils offer various healing benefits. They have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation in the bowels and stomach, antibacterial, antimicrobial & antiviral properties that destroy germs and parasites. Essential oils also curb nausea, alleviate stomach pain and support the digestive system.
Check out the best essential oils for diarrhea:
- Tea tree essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Roman chamomile essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
You can read more in this comprehensive article: Top 7 Essential Oils for Diarrhea and How to Use
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Diarrhea
What you need:
- 2 drops lavender oil
- 2 drops chamomile oil
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus oil
- 2 drops geranium oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 ml roller bottle
- Roller ball remover tool
- First remove the roller ball from your bottle using a special roller ball remover tool.
- Next, carefully drip in 2 drops each of lavender, chamomile, peppermint, eucalyptus and geranium oils.
- Now top with olive oil.
- And it’s ready! You can now use your DIY Essential Oil Blend for Diarrhea!
- Simply roll it all over your stomach up to three time daily.
If you’re new to essential oils, please read Caution & Safety when Using Essential Oils
Give this DIY Essential Oil Blend for Keratosis Pilaris a go because it works better than other home remedies!