De-tangle knotty hair with a simple but amazing essential oil hair detangler that uses just 4 ingredients!
It’s so easy to make a hair detangler at home with the right ingredients. Oils like coconut and sweet almond are known to promote tangle-free silky tresses that look lustrous!
They also keep hair well hydrated, fight frizz and nourish the hair strands. Add in a few drops of a moisturizing essential oil and you have a super effective hair detangler that works wonders in removing those frustrating tangles!
This essential oil hair detangler works for all hair types: fine hair, curly hair, kinky hair and more. Remember to shake the mixture very well before each use to combine the oils together.
Before we move on to the recipe, first check out a few of the best essential oils you can use for hair detangling purposes:
What Essential Oils You Can Use for Silky Tangle-Free Hair
- Lavender (where to get it)
- Geranium (where to get it)
- Rose (where to get it)
- Jasmine (where to get it)
- Sandalwood (where to get it)
- Ylang Ylang (where to get it)
- Chamomile (where to get it)
- Frankincense (where to get it)
Now onto the recipe!
DIY Essential Oil Hair Detangler
What you need
- 1 cup distilled water (where to get it)
- 2 tsp fractionated coconut oil (where to get it)
- 1 tsp sweet almond oil (where to get it)
- 10 drops of any of the above essential oil(s)
- Pyrex measuring cup (where to get it)
- 8 oz amber spray bottle (where to get it)
- Wooden wide tooth comb (where to get it)
- Combine the ingredients together in a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle, preferably an amber glass spray bottle.
- Store in a cool dry place and shake well before each use.
- Spritz onto hair then brush gently to tame wild hair and remove tangles.
- You can substitute the sweet almond oil for grapeseed oil or apricot kernel oil.
- Make sure you use distilled water because normal tap/purified water will make the product go bad fast. Using distilled water which is water in its purest form ensures there’s no bacteria that will shorten its shelf-life.
- If you’re new to essential oils, please first read Caution & Safety when Using Essential Oils