Manage soreness & pain by using any of these 3 essential oil recipes for muscle pain!
Essential Oils for Muscle Pain
Muscle pain can make you feel like staying in bed without moving an inch of your body. Because when you so much as lift a foot, it hurts like crazy! I suffered from knee pain due to a sprain a few weeks back and it was excruciating when bending down or squatting to pick something then coming back up. I literally did not feel like moving my knee in any way.
Fortunately, I used essential oils three times a day to speed up healing and now I’m pain-free!
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
Essential oils are really quite a miracle when it comes to reliving muscle pain. They have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation, analgesic properties that numb down pain and antispasmodic properties that help reduce muscle spasms.
Here’s a list of some of the best essential oils for muscle pain:
- Peppermint essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Vetiver essential oil
- Black peppermint essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Turmeric essential oil
- Sweet marjoram essential oil
- Wintergreen essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
3 Essential Oil Recipes for Muscle Pain
Now let’s explore 3 DIY essential oil recipes for muscle pain! You’ll find a potent muscle pain blend, massage oil and roller bottle recipe below!
1. Potent Muscle Pain Blend
Note: The blend below might not smell that nice. It rather has an herbaceous scent but it works very effectively!
What you need
- 4 oz sesame oil
- 20 drops peppermint oil
- 20 drops vetiver oil
- 20 drops sweet marjoram oil
- 10 drops turmeric oil
- 5 drops ginger
- 5 drops black pepper oil
- Small funnel
- 4 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Using a small funnel, pour 4 oz of sesame oil into your amber glass dropper bottle.
- Next carefully drip in all you essential oils.
- Screw the cap on tightly and tip the bottle back and forth to mix everything up.
- To use, place 5-7 drops of the blend on your palm, rub both palms together and firmly press knead and massage the painful area for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat thrice a day.
2. Pain Relieving Roller Blend
What you need
- 10 drops vetiver oil
- 10 drops sandalwood oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 8 drops grapefruit oil
- 5 drops fennel oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 3 drops clary sage oil
- 3 drops helichyrsum oil
- 10 ml roll on bottle
- Glass bowl & syringe
- Grapeseed oil (as needed)
- Drip all your essential oils into a glass bowl.
- Mix them up using a toothpick.
- Now using the syringe, transfer the essential oil blend into your roll on bottle after removing the roller ball.
- Top the roller bottle with grapeseed oil.
- Screw on the cap and tip the bottle back and forth to combine all ingredients.
- Roll onto the painful area three time a day.
3. Soothing & Healing Bath
What you need
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 7 drops peppermint oil
- 7 drops vetiver oil
- 7 drops sweet marjoram oil
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 7 drops each peppermint, vetiver and sweet marjoram oil.
- Now run your warm bath water and throw in 1 cup of Epsom salts. Let it disperse.
- When you’re bath is ready, pour in the coconut oil – essential oil mixture and stir the bath with your hand.
- Soak for 15 minutes.
If you’re new to essential oils, please read Caution and Safety when Using Essential Oils
Which of the above essential oil recipes for muscle pain are you going to try out first?