Got patchy, thin or sparse eyebrows? You’re not alone. With many celebrities sporting lush, thick and strong brows, many are starting to realize they need to step up their eye brow game. Make up can only do so much. Having proper eyebrow hairs to begin with, is essential for any brow powder/pencil you apply to stick.
There are many reasons you may have less-than-appealing eyebrows. Some of these include:
- Over plucking
- Thin hair on the eyebrows
- Harsh products such as soaps, eyebrow gels
- General hair fall due to lack of nutrition
- Certain medications/treatments
Not everyone is born with perfect eyebrows! But there’s a secret that can help you greatly improve your eyebrows naturally! ESSENTIAL OILS! Use essential oils to speed up your eyebrow hair growth, make your eyebrows thicker and fuller, and prevent further eyebrow hair loss!
Essential Oils to Grow Eyebrows
Essential oils are potent natural substances extracted from leaves, roots, stems and even flowers of certain plants.
These oils are precious as only a few drops can be extracted from large amounts of plant material. But each drop is extremely powerful, as they are rich in special compounds that are still being studied. Some of these compounds include antioxidants, which fight free radical damage and heal, nurture and re-establish proper body functioning.
There are hundreds of essential oils out there. But some of them are more effective for the purposes of hair growth, including eye brow growth.
In this article, we will cover the top 7 essential oils that are most beneficial in regrowing your eyebrows.
Top 7 Essential Oils to Regrow Eyebrows
- Rosemary Essential Oil (where to get it)
- Cedarwood Essential Oil (where to get it)
- Lavender Essential Oil (where to get it)
- Clary Sage Essential Oil (where to get it)
- Helichrysum Essential Oil (where to get it)
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil (where to get it)
- Citriodora Essential Oil (where to get it)
DIY Eyebrow Re-growth Serum Recipe
Here’s a go-to recipe for an eyebrow re-growth serum. It gives you a guide on how much essential oil to add. You’ll notice I haven’t specified which essential oil to use. That’s because I want you to be able to choose whichever essential oil you have available from the list of 7 above. You’ll need:
- 1 tsp castor oil (where to get it)
- ½ tsp of argan oil (where to get it)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E oil (where to get it)
- 2 drops of essential oil of choice
- Small clear mascara tubes (where to get it)
- In an empty, clean mascara bottle, carefully drop in all the ingredients using a pipette or small funnel. To add the vitamin E oil, snip the edge of the vitamin E capsule using a pair of sharp scissors then squeeze out the oil.
- Now screw on the lid firmly and give it a good shake.
- Your eyebrow serum with essential oil is now ready!
- Use 1 – 2 times a day, every day for 3 months.
- Do not get essential oils into your eyes. Since they are so concentrated, they can irritate and possibly damage your delicate eye membranes.
- Do not use more essential oil than recommended in the false hopes of trying to derive faster results. Essential oils are concentrated so they must be used sparingly.
- If you’re new to the world of essential oils, please go through this post first: Caution & Safety Information When Using Essential Oils