These essential oils for food poisoning offer fast relief naturally!
What is Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning is a terrible thing to deal with especially if it’s your child who has got it.
It is an illness that comes about due to consumption of contaminated food.
The food may contain pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites or toxins from poisonous mushrooms. It can also arise from eating various species of beans that have not been boiled for at least 10 minutes.
Symptoms of food poisoning include:
- Abdominal pain
Ways to Prevent Food Poisoning
The best way to manage food poisoning is not getting it in the first place. Here are simple prevention methods that can save you a whole lot of despair:
- Cover food always. Do not leave a food container open even if it’s in the fridge.
- Avoid roadside food during traveling. Some of this food may be contaminated however tasty it smells/looks .
- Do not easy uncooked food. If there’s half cooked barbecue still roasting, do not be tempted to eat it. Let it get fully cooked before thinking about taking a bite.
- Wash fruits/veggies before consuming. It’s so easy to just crunch up your apple right from the fridge without washing it. Or cutting up a pineapple without washing it. But please, scrub your fruits and veggies properly before you start cutting them up for consumption. You can use this DIY Essential Oil Veggie Wash
Below are a few studies showing how effective essential oils are for food poisoning. Just click on the links to go to the studies.
Studies Showing Essential Oils Work for Food Poisoning
- Study 1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18810868
- Study 2: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19278342
- Study 3: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21462837
Okay, now let’s look at the best essential oils for poisoning!
7 Essential Oils for Food Poisoning
Below are the top 7 essential oils for food poisoning:
1. Wild Oil of Oregano
Wild oil of oregano may be the best essential oil for food poisoning. It has powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. The two powerful antimicrobial compounds in oregano oil include carvacol and thymol that destroy common food borne pathogens.
The most effective way to take oregano oil is by taking it in capsule form. In this way, oregano oil treats food poisoning by directly killing the pathogenic bacteria that have taken over the gastrointestinal tract.
- How to Use: Only ingest 100% pure food grade wild oil of oregano. Add 1 drop of wild oil of oregano to a 00 vegetable capsule then fill it up with olive oil. Take one thrice a day with a meal for two days. Do not exceed the dosage. Please consult your doctor before consuming wild oil of oregano.
2. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is soothing and cooling. Its crisp clean scent can curb nausea. It also has a high content of menthol that gives it pain numbing properties. You can take peppermint tea to help abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- How to Use: If you have nausea, diffuse 3 drops peppermint oil and 3 drops lemon oil in a high quality diffuser for 15-60 minutes. You can also dilute 3 drops of peppermint oil in 1 tsp of olive oil and rub it on your stomach.
Other Essential Oils for Food Poisoning
3. Tea Tree Essential Oil
4. Thyme Essential Oil
5. Basil Essential Oil
6. Rosemary Essential Oil
7. Coriander Essential Oil
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Food Poisoning
Combine the above essential oils to make a powerful synergistic blend. You can diffuse this blend, use it in a healing bath and use it as an abdominal massage oil. Check out our DIY Essential Oil Blend for Food Poisoning