You can safely use these 7 essential oils for skin lightening, brightening and toning!
Do you want to lighten your skin? More importantly, do you want to lighten your skin NATURALLY? Yes, it’s possible! All you need are essential oils! Nothing more, nothing less!
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are completely natural, plant-based substances extracted from different plant parts such as the leaves, flowers, fruit and more. These oils are highly concentrated, and therefore very, very potent.
The extraction processes of essential oils are often tedious, time-consuming and costly. This makes essential oils precious, rare and expensive. Being so concentrated, only a few drops should be used at a time. In addition, essential oils must always be diluted correctly with a proper carrier oil or emulsifier to make them safe to use on skin.
Top 7 Essential Oils for Skin Lightening
Here are the best essential oils for skin lightening:
1. Lemon (where to get it)
2. Sandalwood (where to get it)
3. Bergamot (where to get it)
4. Carrot Seed (where to get it)
5. Geranium (where to get it)
6. Lavender (where to get it)
7. Lemongrass (where to get it)
How to Use Essential Oils for Skin Lightening
Here are some of the fun, effortless ways you can incorporate essential oils to your skin lightening routine.
- Add it to Your Face Wash: : This is so easy to do and it’s ingenious! Squeeze out the required amount of face wash into your palm and add 1 – 2 drops of essential oil. If your face wash comes in a pump bottle, it’s even better! Simply unscrew the pump and add 10 drops of essential oil for every 100ml of face wash liquid. Blend well by shaking and use! Also try this homemade face wash recipe of mine but replace the essential oils there with any of these skin lightening essential oils of your choice.
- Facial Steaming : Add 3 – 4 drops of essential oils to a large bowl of hot water for facial steaming. The steam will carry the oils to deep into your pores and aid with skin lightening. Read more: How do to Facial Steaming with Essential Oils
- Skin Lightening Serum : Make a skin lightening serum by mixing 20 drops of your favorite essential oils to ½ cup of sesame oil. You can use a mix such as 10 drops of carrot seed oil, 5 drops of geranium oil and 5 drops of lemon oil. Apply at night for best results.
Caution When Using Essential Oils for Skin Lightening
- Don’t Use Too Much – Some people think by using a larger quantity of essential oil, they can lighten their skin faster! This is incorrect. Skin lightening takes time and patience. There are no short cuts. You need at least 3 weeks to start seeing results. So please use only a few drops of essential oil for skin lightening, especially when starting out. Learn how to dilute essential oils correctly.
- How to Dilute Correctly – Remember, essential oils are concentrated and using too much can damage or burn your skin. Always dilute your essential oils appropriately before use. Use up to 8 drops of skin lightening essential oil for each teaspoon of carrier oil or emulsifier.
- A Note on Citric Oils – You’ll notice some of the best oils for skin lightening are CITRIC OILS. These include lemon, bergamot, lime and sweet orange. Be careful with citric oils because they are photoreactive. This simply means do not step out into the sunlight after applying citric oils on your skin. Use such oils during the night time, for better safety.
Which essential oils for skin lightening do you use? Please share in the comments below!