Get the blood flowing using this simple yet very effective essential oil blend for blood circulation!
Recently, I shared the Top 8 Essential Oils for Poor Circulation and I also talked about Essential Oils for Cold Hands and Feet. The essential oils that are helpful for both cases are similar. This is because cold hands and feet are most commonly caused by poor circulation and poor circulation may be caused by cold temperatures.
The essential oils that help relieve these two problems are those with a warming nature. They are ‘hot’ oils as they give warming sensations when applied to the skin (diluted). This is in contrast to essential oils that are cooling in nature such as peppermint and eucalyptus. These essential oils give cooling sensations when applied diluted to skin.
Essential oils that are warming in nature and increase blood circulation include:
- Ginger essential oil
- Black pepper essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Cypress essential oil
- And more
Due to the warming nature of the above essential oils, they heat up the body hence stimulating proper blood circulation. Some of the above essential oils such as cypress oil acts as vasolidators which increases the size of blood vessels and promotes blood flow. Okay, now let’s check out the essential oil blend for blood circulation below:
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Blood Circulation
Note: This is a potent synergistic blend. It must be diluted with a carrier oil before use. Check out how to use the blend in the next section below.
What you need
- 5 drops ginger essential oil
- 5 drops black pepper essential oil
- 5 drops cumin essential oil
- 5 drops coriander essential oil
- 10 drops geranium oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops cypress essential oil
- Small funnel
- 1 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Carefully add all the essential oils drop by drop into a 1 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Screw on the cap and shake gently to combine everything.
- Your DIY Essential Oil Blend for Blood Circulation is ready! This is a potent blend that must be diluted before use.
Below are ways to dilute this blend before use:
How to Use the Above Blend
Body salve – Check out how to make a salve for cold hands and feet here.
- Warming bath blend – Mix 10 drops of any of the above essential oils in 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Now mix this into a warm bath. Soak for 10 minutes or more.
- Roller recipe – Add 10 drops of the above blend to a 10 ml roller bottle then top with fractionated coconut oil. Roll onto the affected areas to warm the area and boost blood circulation.
- Massage blend – Add about 10 drops of the above blend to 2 tbsp of sesame oil and give your whole body a massage an hour before taking a shower/bath.
Do try this diy essential oil blend for blood circulation to warm up your body and promote proper blood flow!