Smooth out your bumpy skin using this DIY Essential Oil Blend for Keratosis Pilaris!
What is Keratosis Pilaris?
Keratosis Pilaris (KP) is also known as follicular pilaris, lichen planus or chicken skin. It is a genetic follicular condition that is characterized by rough red or brown bumps on the skin. It looks like a rash on the skin. The bumps may sometimes appear white when filled with pus.
The most common areas affected by keratosis pilaris are the outer side of the upper arms and thighs. It can also form on the buttocks and even the face.
Keratosis pilaris can affect children as well as adults. As one grows older, the rash can become mild and even go away. With good care, you can reduce the severity of keratosis pilaris and get rid of it! One of the ones to keep that rash at bay is by using essential oils.
How Can Essential Oils Help Keratosis Pilaris?
Essential oils are Nature’s purest form of liquid plant extracts. What makes them good for naturally treating keratosis pilaris are their antibacterial, antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties.
Some of the best essential oils for keratosis pilaris include:
- Tea tree essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Roman chamomile essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
You can read more in this article of ours: Top 6 Essential Oils for Keratosis Pilaris with 5 Recipes to Use
DIY Essential Oil Blend for Keratosis Pilaris
What you need:
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- 7 drops frankincense oil
- 7 drops geranium oil
- 7 drops lemon oil
- 5 drops lemongrass oil
- 2 oz argan oil
- Small funnel
- 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle
- Using a small funnel, pour 2 oz of argan oil into a 2 oz amber glass dropper bottle.
- Next, carefully drop all your essential oils into the bottle.
- Screw on the cap tightly and shake the bottle gently to combine all ingredients!
- Voila! Your DIY Essential Oil Blend for Keratosis Pilaris is ready!
- To use, rub 3 drops between your palms and gently smooth them over your bumps twice a day after a shower.
If you’re new to essential oils, please read Caution & Safety when Using Essential Oils
Give this DIY Essential Oil Blend for Keratosis Pilaris a go because it works better than other home remedies!