Making your own DIY essential oil air freshener spray is TOTALLY EASY! Just check out the recipe below!
One of our most loved ways of using essential oils is making air freshener sprays. It’s so nice to spray them in the air and breathe in the fresh, pleasant scents with their therapeutic benefits! Sweet orange brightens the mood and creates happiness, jasmine is a natural aphrodisiac plus smells heavenly, lavender is soothing and calming, peppermint is uplifting and energizing, etc!
There are over hundreds of essential oils to choose from when making an air freshener spray but the commonest best smelling essential oils include:
- Lemon essential oil
- Ylang ylang essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Vanilla essential oil
- Sweet orange essential oil
- Jasmine essential oil
- Rose essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- And more!
Please share your favorite smelling essential oils for DIY essential oil air freshener spray below! My favs are lemon, rose,vanilla, jasmine and ylang ylang!
Don't Miss: Our Essential Oil Ebooks
Okay, let’s get right onto the recipe for DIY Essential Oil Air Freshener Spray!
Homemade Essential Oil Air Freshener Spray Recipe
Feel free to use any of the above essential oils when making this air freshener spray. You can also combine two or more essential oils to form a nice smelling blend! Some great smelling blends I like are ylang ylang oil + lemon oil, geranium oil + lavender oil + tea tree oil, rose oil + lavender oil, vanilla + sweet orange, etc!
What you need:
- 1 tbsp rubbing alcohol
- ½ cup distilled water
- 30-40 drops essential oil(s)
- 4 oz amber spray bottle
- Simply add 1 tbsp of rubbing alcohol into a 4 oz amber spray bottle.
- Now pour in ½ cup distilled water using the help of a small funnel.
- Finally, carefully add 30-40 drops of essential oil(s).
- Close the bottle and shake well to combine.
- Your DIY Essential Oil Air Freshener Spray is ready!
- Spray as much as you want in your room, the kitchen, closets, pantry and other spaces to freshen up the air!
Other Air Freshening Recipes You’ll Love
- DIY Car Air Freshener with Essential Oils
- DIY Essential Oil Room Deodorizer
- DIY 3 Air Freshener Recipes with Essential Oils