You can make your own DIY essential oil foaming face wash right at home using just a few ingredients!
Facial skin is sensitive, everyone knows that. Store-bought face washes make most people’s skin very dry. Plus don’t forget that most of them contain unnecessary chemicals and a ton of artificial fragrances that worsen skin. This is why more and more people want to know how to make their own face washes and facial cleansers. Including me!
When I first started my natural skin care journey, I used stuff like oatmeal, coconut oil, baking soda and honey to cleanse my skin. But there are times when I missed a nice foaming face wash. Especially after a long night out or at work. You know the times when you come back home and you just wanna lather up with some no-hassle face wash, rinse off, pat dry, moisturize then flop onto your bed. During such late nights, I would feel so lazy to start opening the sticky honey jar, applying the stickiness, then washing it off. I felt so reluctant to use such homemade face washes that sometimes, I ended up using bar soap to wash off my face! And the whole point of using homemade face washes was to avoid chemicals in the first place!
So when I got the idea of whipping up a DIY essential oil foaming face wash, it was just gold for me! Check out the easy recipe below:
How to Make a DIY Essential Oil Foaming Face Wash
What you need
- ½ cup distilled water (where to get it)
- ½ cup liquid castile soap (where to get it)
- 4 tsp jojoba oil (where to get it)
- 4 tsp vegetable glycerin (where to get it)
- 4 tsp pure aloe vera gel (where to get it)
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil (where to get it)
- 8 drops lavender essential oil (where to get it)
- 8 drops geranium essential oil (where to get it)
- Pyrex measuring cup (where to get it)
- 8 oz foaming soap dispenser (where to get it)
- What you’re going to do is to add ¼ cup of distilled water into the Pyrex measuring cup. Now add 2 tsp jojoba oil, 2 tsp vegetable glycerin and 2 tsp pure aloe vera gel. Blend all the ingredients together using an immersion blender or a whisk.
- Once blended, pour the solution into your foaming soap dispenser using a small funnel.
- Measure out ¼ cup of liquid castile soap in the Pyrex measuring cup.
- Slowly pour it into the foaming soap dispenser bottle.
- Now it’s the fun part! Time to add essential oils! Carefully add 4 drops lavender oil, geranium oil and tea tree oil!
- Close the bottle and shake gently to combine!
- To use, pump some foam onto your hand and lather up your wet face.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water first then cold water.
- Pat your face dry and moisturize with 2-3 drops of argan oil or a pea-sized amount of shea butter.
Caution & Tips
- Do not add a lot of essential oils. I suggest using a 1% or 2% essential oil dilution rate. This means 1-2 drops of essential oil in 1 tsp of base ingredient, which in this case is your face wash. Read more: How to Dilute Essential Oils
- If you’re new to essential oils, please first read Caution & Safety when Using Essential Oils
DIY Essential Oil Recipes for the Face
- DIY Essential Oil Face Moisturizer
- 7 DIY Essential Oil Face Serums for All Skin Types
- DIY Witch Hazel Essential Oil Face Toner